Manila, Philippines- Davao singer-songwriter Peniel Roxas has been hailed as the grand champion of Wishcovery Originals for her original composition, “Poet’s Path”.

The songwriting competition produced by Wish 107.5 has returned to center stage after a year of pandemic-induced lockdowns to showcase the talent of Filipino songwriters and performers.

The 20-year-old alternative folk musician captured the hearts of judges and listeners with her musical masterpiece during the final showdown on Sunday, November 7 at the LausGroup Event Center in Pampanga.

His participation in the grand finale, according to Roxas, is about his complicated relationship with songwriting.

“I have a somewhat complicated relationship with [writing]. Even though it helps me make sense of how I’m feeling, it’s still a bit difficult, especially when [I] write something down and realize there’s kind of a bittersweet or anticlimactic feeling – Okay, now what? But at the end of the day, I would still turn to her. I would always turn to the path of the poet, ”she said.

Roxas beat six other contenders across the country. In the grand finale, their live performances made up 80% of their final score while the remaining 20% ​​came from views on their Wishclusive videos during the viewing period from October 25 to November 5.

After winning the grand final, Roxas took home P1million in cash, a P1million recording deal under KDR Music House, a house and land, and a brand new car.

Mei Teves of San Juan City was a finalist and received P 500,000 while Agusan del Sur based acoustic group White Caps placed second but still won a whopping P 300,000.

The jury was made up of Mayonnaise singer Monty Macalino, multi-award winning composer Jungee Marcelo and Filipino RnB king JayR.

Meanwhile, CEO and President of Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI) Daniel Razon believes that in the years to come, the Philippine music industry will “reap a bountiful musical harvest” thanks to the talent and hard work of the contenders. to Wishcovery Originals.

“With God’s help and mercy, we are finally here to celebrate the artistry and raw talent of our grand finalists […] Over the years, we have become our local artists’ gateway to the world, a platform for aspiring and legendary artists who can perform inside the iconic Wish Bus and share their songs. , their messages to the world. This is exactly what we want our grand finalists to experience, ”said Razon.

With Wishcovery Orginals, most singer songwriters for the OPM family, (through Wishcovery Originals, our goal is to train talented singer-songwriters for the future of OPM), ”he added. CAA


Source link